Monday, January 22, 2024

Blog #2

 The Founding Era & the Idea of America.

Before taking this class, I knew little about the Supreme Court. I know the Supreme Court was assembled in February 1790 but made the first decision in August 1791. Being on the Supreme Court is a judge's highest honor; only six people make up the Supreme Court. This is the most surprising thing I learned because I doom it be more people that could balance out the powers that the Supreme Court truly holds up. The most important things I learned from this were who currently sits on the Supreme Court, who has set them in the past, and how their decisions have impacted history. I also recognize more cases, but I thought and did not realize how big of an honor it was for a case to be brought up to the Supreme Court, including the United States versus Windsor, which changed the government's ability to benefit same-sex couples.

No comments:

Post a Comment